The Band Program at LEPS provides an opportunity for students in Years 3 to 6 to learn an instrument and be part of a band.
The band ensembles are a great opportunity for young enthusiastic LEPS students to perform to the wider community
The LEPS band program offers 4 ensembles:
· TRAINING BAND – Students in years 3-6. No musical experience needed.
· CONCERT BAND – Students in years 4-6. Progressing from Training Band.
· PERFORMANCE BAND – Students in years 4-6. Progressing from Concert Band or Training Band by Audition.
· STAGE BAND – Students in years 5-6. Must be a member of Concert Band or Performance Band.
All rehearsal will be at school hall and students will be charged an annual fee of $450 (in 2020).
Rehearsals are held twice a week (except stage band)
Morning time: 7.50am to 9am Lunch time: 12.50pm to 1.40pm
· Training Band - Monday morning & Wednesday lunch time
· Concert Band - Tuesday lunch time & Thursday morning
· Performance Band - Tuesday morning & Wednesday morning
· Stage band- Monday lunch time
Throughout the year there are several opportunities for the bands to participate in various festivals and perform at school events.
· Welcome Back Night (PB, February)
· Band Camp (PB & CB, March)
· Anzac Day Ceremony (PB, April)
· St Ives Festival on the Green (PB, May)
· Band Workshop (All bands, May)
· TB Debut concert (May)
· CB Prom concert (May)
· Education Week (PB, July)
· Band Workshop (All bands, August)
· Australian School Band and Orchestra Festival (All bands, August/September)
· Retirement Village Visit (PB, September)
· Killara High School Band workshop and combined performance (SB, September)
· Hornsby North Band Festival (All bands, October/November)
· Remembrance Day Ceremony (PB, November)
· End of Year Concert (All bands, December)
Lindfield East Public School Band has a collection of good quality instruments which are available for hire for a reasonable fee. Annual hire fee is $250 with insurance covered.
Music Private Tuition
Children are expected to have weekly lessons on their chosen instrument as well as band rehearsals and regular practise. The cost of private tuition ranges from $40 to $45 per half hour. The Band Committee manages an after-school private tuition program onsite at LEPS.
We would like to acknowledge the Guringai People who are the traditional custodians of this land. We would also like to pay respect to the elders both past and present and extend that respect to other Aboriginal people present.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to https://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.